Saturday, June 23, 2007

House Hunting II: The Bid

After a lot of prayer (I'd say "and supplication", but I really wasn't sure what "and supplication" means. So I looked it up on www.m-w.com, and it said supplication means "to ask humbly and earnestly of", a synonym is "to beg", and "and" means "a function word to indicate connection"...), Maren & I decided to put a bid in on this house in Marshall, TX. Its not much to look at now...




(And if you notice those kids in the background, that's my niece Natalie and nephew Isaac. They came to visit us and help us house hunt. They've appear to have suddenly aged about 7 years...)

The real one's got a lot of work to go into it, but if the bid isn't accepted, we'll just be as content as this guy...

...in continuing to rent.

(The fella in this picture is my dad 20 years ago...that's our dog to his left, and all that was left of our goats to his right.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the goats gone, do you notice me checking the dog for tomorrows dinner?

Anonymous said...

im' glad that you found a place...

Anonymous said...

GROSS JOHN
THERE GOES YOUR CORNY SENSE OF HUMOR AGAIN----------
JUST DON'T FORGET TO "EAT ON IT"